This is an individual championship for all players from school/college located in Punjab. Groups will be divided according to students up to standards 5th, 8th, 10th and 12th boys and girls separately.
Venue:- Cambridge International School for Girls, Urban Estate, Phase-II, Jalandhar
Date:- 24th to 25th December, 2011
Eligibility:- As per rules mentioned.
Entry Fee:- 300/- per player
Last Date:- 18th December 2011
Scholarship:- Punjab kesari Cash scholarships will be awarded to top 10 players in each group.
There are 4 class wise group and separate for boys and girls and total of 8 groups. The scholarships for various positions in each group are as follows:
Position Prizes in Rs
FOR PUNJAB KESARI CHESS CHARNIVAL
1. All players from school/college located in Punjab.
2. It is an individual championship.
3. Groups of students up to standards 5th, 8th, 10th and 12th boys and girls separately. A total of 8 groups.
4. Entries only through the office of school/college in Punjab. Player should be bonafide student of the school. Entries to be submitted on the prescribed performa duly attested by the principal of the school and under seal.
5. FIDE rules will apply; swiss league system will be followed.
6. No. of rounds can be increased/decreased by the organizers. Announcement to this effect will be made before the commencement of the tournament.
7. Misconduct by the players will be penalized.
8. Players must bring their own chess sets and chess clocks.
9. Players must carry valid school identity card on his/her person.
10. In case of dispute decision of the chief Arbiter will be binding.
11. The scholarship will be distributed on the spot.
12. Seeding in each group will be done randomly.
13. Tie breaking rules will be displayed before the commencement of the tournament.
14. Entry fee of rs. 300/- per player. Cash/ DD in favor of “Jalandhar Chess Association” payable at jalandhar on or before 18/12/2011.
15. Organizer have right to accept or reject any entry without assigning any reason.
16. FIDE rules will be followed.
17. Organizer have right to accept or reject any entry without assigning any reason.